Monday, 3 July 2017

Twinges

The experimental works and larger pieces are on hold for a couple of weeks whilst I sort out my garden - sadly neglected over the past few months whilst I've been battling an ague.

The bottom of the garden was a place to hide away and where "stuff" was stored. Like most people this was a place to put things you couldn't put anywhere else but didn't want to throw away.... like hosepipes and compost bins! After it was cleared and the old shed taken away this is what was left. Yikes!!

But it's surprising what a few days work and a lot of kneeling, digging, visits to the tip, and planting will achieve.(also, hence the "Twinges") Although not finished because I have plans for a nice pagoda style seating area, we have this which is infinitely better than it was!  I've popped some colourful flowers in just to lift the heart but they're temporary whilst I have a mull over a permanent look. Everything, just like me, is delightfully wonky.

Talking of "looks" I borrowed G's glasses because I couldn't find my own (this annoys him enormously!) and rather liked the look once they were on. A shape and colour I'd never countenance really, but maybe next time I need to renew my prescription, I'll be a bit bolder.

I've promised (on FB) a run through of the XCut as a printer, so will now concentrate on doing that for the next posting.

Annabel x

6 comments:

  1. I DO like the look and your garden has taken a turn towards the good. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I always want things done immediately but gardening makes you wait.

      Delete
  2. What Beth said. Plus - I note the rabbit/hare on the door and wonder if there is a story there . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello IB - no, no story! I know there are all sorts of connotations with the image, but I did it just to amuse my grandchildren and because it was a fairly easy thing to paint. I enjoy doing grass!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, it's grandchildren then that is the story. How fun of you to think to amuse them that way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to paint some numbers on the old stepping stones so they could have some fun doing maths, but decided against it and took the stones to the tip. No doubt they'll be relieved.

      Delete